Developmental Stages & Accomplishments
Youth pushes for freedom of choice and greater independence.
Experiences physical and emotional changes. Ability to anticipate outcomes is limited and erratic, adolescents often think, “it won’t happen to me.”
Strong need for peer approval and experimentation.
Know some of the warning signs
- talking about committing suicide
- aggressive behavior
- disruptive behavior
How do I know if it’s depression?
Some signs of depression:
- Feeling helpless, worthless, or guilty.
- Loss of interest or plea- sure in daily activities
- Problems with eating& weight (gain or loss).
- Changes in sleep pattern.
If you are concerned, call 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).