• Make certain that ankle braces fit properly and are worn properly during both practice and games, for high-risk sports.
• Make certain to wear recommended protective pads/equipment.
• Make certain to wear proper footwear for your particular sport.
• Always be aware of playing surfaces and their inconsistencies.
COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH:
Football, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, skateboarding, rollerblading, bicycling, gymnastics, soccer
• Children’s Orthopedics of Hawaii
• Wheeless Textbook of Orthopedics
It is extremely important to be able to recognize serious and/or life threatening injuries. These injuries are not always obvious therefore, we recommend that someone (i.e. a coach or team parent) become certified in Basic First Aide Procedures. The American Red Cross offers frequent courses in the procedures.