What are the best ways of preventing children from Drowning?
- Make sure an adult is constantly watching young children swimming or playing in water.
- Do not read, play cards, talk on the phone, mow the lawn, or do any other distracting activity while watching children in a bathtub, in a pool of any size, or at the beach.
- Teach children to swim only with a buddy.
- Keep small children away from buckets containing liquid: 5-gallon industrial containers are particularly hazardous.
- Empty buckets when household chores are done.
- Install a four-sided, isolation pool-fence with self-closing and self-latching gates around swimming pools.
- Prevent children from having direct access from the house or yard to a swimming pool.